GIFTS TO THE LIBRARY
This section lists ways in which people can give gifts or memorials to the library. Donations are appreciated very much - especially since the library has had a 10% budget cut for the current fiscal year and also the coming fiscal year, . Memorials are a wonderful way to pay tribute to a friend or loved one as well. All gifts to the Flora Public Library are tax deductible.
- Monetary Gifts and Memorials
- Form to fill out for monetary gifts for the purchase of material or for memorial gifts in memory of a friend or loved one. Donors can easily make online contributions with ePay.
- Technology Fund Donations
- Gifts to the Technology Fund assist Flora Public Library in maintaining an adequate level of technology for the needs of the community. Technology funds are used to purchase, upgrade, or acquire equipment, hardware, software, electronic resources, LLSAP (Local Library System Automation Project) participation fees, and/or technology training for the library. Donors can easily make online payments with EPay.
- Material Donations to the Library
- There are generally two kinds of material donations to the library. First, the library accepts donations of materials as gifts or in memory or honor of someone. These donations are usually new items. Second, sometimes large batches of used books are brought in. If a bulk donation of used books is given, library staff keep items suitable for the collection and the remainder is placed in the Friends of the Library book sale. The library welcomes both types of gifts. Unless the donor specifies otherwise, a label with donor and honoree is placed on each item placed in the collection.
- Adopt-A-Book or DVD Program
- This is similar to monetary gifts and memorials but the donor gets "adoption" papers. When an item is adopted, an adoption sticker is put in/on the item. Adoption papers are placed on wall and donor is given an adoption certificate. The adoptee wall gives ideas for new reads and encourages other gifts. A thank you letter is sent to the donor with complete adoption information along with certificate. An acknowledgement letter is sent to those designated to notify them of the memorial/honor. Click on Adopt-A-Book or DVD List to see items available for adoption.
- Click here to make an online payment or donation through E-Pay. This link can also be used to pay fines or fees.